Saturday, March 1, 2008


This week has been a week of reflection. The picture this week was taken in Charlottesville 4 years ago. I am with a girl from Venezuela. (So there's still the Spanish theme), just thought a past picture was most appropriate this week.

In the mornings on the way to school, Michelle and I have an hour and 10 minutes of seeing the beautiful Spanish countryside before we arrive at uab. www.uab.com Anyhow it has been for me a really needed time of reflection. At home I find myself so busy I hardly have time for sleep. I have reflected in these past few weeks on my childhood, on my family members, of my time in Bible college. So many times when things are over, I find myself tucking them away in a compartment with a label from that time in my life. For example Bible college. I bring it up here and there but that was the BEST time of my life. I traveled to Maryland, South Dakota, the Bahamas, and many other places with a group of people that I love dearly. It was a time of growth spiritually as well as figuring out what direction my life was headed. I doubt so many things in my life but when I think of where I want to go it is to be a Spanish teacher, this is the one thing that I know. Also as far as people in my life, it is so important to stay in touch but when I cannot stay in touch with everyone like I want I find myself tucking my experience away. I want to make sure I take the most of every opportunity in life, I am trying to do that in Spain.

Oh Spain... School has been hard this week. We are going over verb tenses that refuse to stay in my head. I have had a great four weeks in classes, I go for two more, then "vacaciones," (during which time a friend from states is coming), then two more weeks of school, a week in France and London, two weeks and then I'm home. I am really enjoying it here but I am excited to get back and hit the trails! I hope to take a road trip this summer....and much more.

This Friday I am going to the Picasso museum, I am really excited. Also I had my first day at work today... lots of fun speaking to tables in Spanish but intimidating.

How are you all? Miss you~ hasta luego...

Krista

2 comments:

stephanie said...

Hey Kristada!
How sweet to reflect on past memories! I remember one of my favorite quotes from the book "Ellen Foster": "If it weren't for my sense of smell, I would have no memories at all".

Last night I remembered the time that I learned to bake bread with two friends back in Howard. So tonight I decided to bake bread with Seth. The house filled with the most mouth-watering aroma! Of course, my old belief that you can't bake a bad loaf of bread if you eat it fresh out of the oven has expired. Yes........Seth and I managed to bake three hard bricks. And sadly.......Seth will have to gear up his strength to lift that bag of trash tomorrow! But Jim and I did eat one heal each. I put honey and butter on mine. I ate it even though it wasn't so good. Moral of the story: As heavy as life might seem today, it can always be swallowed with a bit of honey!
Love Steph

Mellie said...

Hey Krista,

Just wanted to let you know if you need company on your summer road trip, just call me. LOL....I miss you girl and know excatly what you mean about the whole reflection thing. I have been doing that a lot lately. My favorite time being in Mission was the last summer in the 'Mission Mansion'. I really loved that time and miss is. I talked to Des last night and we were talking about that. I know that she misses you terribly and would love to talk to you right now. Well, I better go....Take care and love you girl...