Sunday, February 24, 2008


I finally have hope that I am going to pass my biology class! This week has been so stressful.... God is faithful through it all!
I want to be personal on this blog, not too much so... This Friday I went to the doctor here in Spain. (It´s free--isn´t that something, even for foreginers)I will not say too much but remember to pray for me.

Also this week I had my friend Ines over. She is from Tawain. She has been in Spain for a year learning Spanish, she is a blast. She brought the ingredients to make Tiramisu but we were so tired after homework that we passed out. She has promised me that this week I must go with her to a coffee house in Barcelona to search for Spanish boys, I just laugh. (But we really are heading out Wednesday to the closest coffee shop :-)

My roomate Michelle and I had a great run this morning. We ordered shoes from the states and they got here on arrival! We went for a stroll this morning, it was wonderful. It is starting to warm up a bit, I even got a bit sunburned yesterday reading on the patio of our host family´s restaurant.

This week in Spanish, here better known as Castellano, we are writing articles on current issues in the world. We read an article this week on hunger in the world. I guess I realized as I read this articles, many times I have my eyes closed. Did you know there are 792 million people in 98 countries that do not have sufficient food? I didn´t. Also there are apx. 200 million children under 5 that suffer from cronic malnutrition in the world. The article also mentioned that the world produces enough food to feed double the population everyday. That has been weighing on my heart. We are assigned to write up on an article so I am doing mine on human sex trafficing. My church back home, Brentwood has been involved in this and I think it´s something I want to have my eyes more opened to...

I am hoping to visit more around Barcelona´s authentic spots this upcoming weeks. 10 weeks till I get home! See you all then

Love
Krista

2 comments:

Betty said...

funny you should make the comment's you made about people who go hungry. I was just sitting in the mall this week eating and began looking around and seeing SOOO many people eating and throwing away lots of food as well. I began thinking - wow - look at all of us spending all this money on overpriced mall food when there are people all over the world - even locally - who don't know when their next meal will be. If only everyone would unite and give up even a small amount of what they spend on luxuries - how many lives could be changed? I guess it just takes one person at a time (like you and me!) making small changes to make a big difference.
love you!

stephanie said...

ok guys,
i am also making a difference! i just (tonight) cleared out all my leftovers that we werent eating, and sent them home with alex. i am making sure that he is consuming more than just a refined yeast drink? lol
also, since i still have a hard time cooking for just 3 of us, decided to make up a plate for a friend and bring her a hot meal once in a while. we have been BIG wasters of food......trying to stop that here at home.
still praying for you krista!