Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Price is Right?


Since arriving here, there have been a lot of headache days. Transitioning into a different culture for example is a bit complicated. Also most days after class in Barcelona, I come home and eat and then just study because there is nothing to do in our little town. However the past few weekends have been a lot of fun... so this blog with start with the weekend...

Ines: Ines is a wonderful girl i have had class with for the past six weeks. She is from Tawaiin. She has been studying the language for a year and has also studied in England. We have gotten really close. This weekend I went with her to her apartment in the middle of Barcelona and we went to a production called, Bollywood and later to the beach. Tonight we are going to "27 vestidos" or twenty seven dresses, we are both really excited. She is a lot about "romance." She is actually 27 and not married yet and for me, well I think it will be a rather fitting movie.

Family: I have been thinking a lot about my family here. I don't have my cell phone to just pick up and call everyone so I have especially thought of my grandma Iris, my uncle Brad and sisters. My grandma because of a lot of artsie things including Picasso muesem. Also walking in downtown Barcelona today Ines and I encountered a authentic restuarant and I ordered a salad with goat cheese. Whenever I visit my uncle Brad I always have such a great time and the last time I was there I ordered a very similar salad and since I usually don't eat cheese he encouraged that I did at least try it. I really didn't enjoy it that much over Thanksgiving break but today I really enjoyed the goat cheese. Even more so because I know it's low in fat. My sisters-- well I always miss them however this week I have really missed my nephew Aiden.

** Culture Lesson: This week in class I learned why everyone here greets with a kiss-- do you know why? A P. h. D, our professor-- told us that this is a relatively new cultural thing. The reason is is because of the tv series from the US, the price is right. I was shocked-- I thought it was this antique, classic european thing and it's from a dumpy show!

This weekend I also went to the beach for the first time~~ classic. A bit cold but still to embrace the beauty of the sun, the ocean waves, people-- I think of all God has created and I cannot hold it in! (JER 20: 9-- "And I can't stop, if I say I'll never mention the name of the Lord, it burns in my like a fire, I am weary of holding it in")

Upon arrival: I have been thinking about my arrival back to the states since it is but 7 weeks away. I have a lot to consider, my job, car wow! Pray for me if you remember.

I am thinking of you all. Miss and care for you

Krista

2 comments:

Mellie said...

Hey girl,

I miss you girl. I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering what you are up to. I can relate to your friend Ines. I am 26 and not married yet. It seems that everyone around me is getting married, but the thing about it is that I am very happy with my life the way it is right now. Anywho...please know that I am praying for you and your impact that you are having on Spain while you are there. Love you girl and take care.

Melissa

mom said...

i keep trying to send you a message but it wont let me get to you. i will write soon. mom