Saturday, March 22, 2008

I can't believe I spelled Fruit wrong


I think I know Josh a lot more than before....

This week has been craaaazy! It is the week of vacacciones, and my life since last Saturday wow! At first it seemed like time was going so slow..but now these next six weeks are going to FLY BY!

Ok let's start with Monday, my only running day... I have been sick all week! Then later this week, since my aunt in England has been e-mailing me... I have been really thinking of going to the UK! Well I bought my ticket and I will be there 12 days in April! I am so excited! I cannot wait to see London! Soo.. I have two more weeks at school and two weeks in London (well 12 days and then my aunts and nephews will stay in Barcelona in a hotel for 2-3 days), then two more weeks and I'm home!

So this week was mainly homework and visiting with family, but also I have been expecting a friend from the states, Josh! I was so excited that he was able to come... Upon his arrival in Sants Estacio, (Means Saints Station in Catalan), it's a metro station, we headed to Barcelona. Barcelona in a day! How fun, but how crazy! We left the station and I learned that he had lost his luggage a day before. He is traveling on a euro pass so he has a schedule to keep so after being stranded in Malaga, S. Spain, then heading to Madrid where he stayed with Kate, a friend from work we both no, he was ready to see Barcelona.

First thing we headed to eat, a local pizza place. (Pizza here is a lot different, for instance mine had no cheese, thin layer of bread I watched the guy make, and fresh tomato sauce, yummy!). Josh had his first experience of "no free refills" Also there's no free water.... everything costs. Well since he had lost all his things, we headed to El Corte Ingles, to buy some things for him... oh forgot...it's Good Friday, EVERYTHING is closed! Upon reaching the conclusion Josh would have to trust God was going to provide for him through snowy Germany without a clean anything or tennis shoes (he was wearing rainbow flip flops... the American way!) We saw the Picasso museum, Sagrada Familia and Las Ramblas. I think I liked Picasso best... yesterday was the first time I saw the general collection of his works and I felt so inspired. I want to paint now. On that note I bought a post card "paint it yourself Picasso" that I intend to water color and put in my scrap book with a pic from yesterday.

Before he left we both got to talk about what God is doing in our lives. It was such a breath of fresh air to me. There is so much need in Barcelona. Just thinking about how many Christians there are here is disheartening. But we confirmed we would pray for each other and I thanked God for great, Godly guys (so few), great Godly friends. After hours of walking... we headed to eat. After eating at what I am sure if the only buffet in Barcelona, we headed to drop him off so he could see Paris! It was a lot of fun and I included a pic.

Well after we dropped him off the real fun began... Michelle and I saw a train that was headed to St. Sadurni (that is close to where we live, but one hour away from Barcelona.) Well It was not going to get there until 11 so we figured trying going on a different line and sure enough, there was a line 30 min earlier... so as fast as we could... we got on line 10. WRONG! We realized it was the "same line" but in a "V" So in reality it was going to the same place but all the stops were different. To make a LONG story short.... we were asked by an Arab to marry him, we were locked out of the station and the only thing to do was call a taxi.... What a great idea except it was Good Friday... and the pay phone would not take our money! We eventually got a taxi and made it home! Wow, what a long day. (God Provided big time! we finally made it!)

Today at work the highlight was a guy asking me in English to go out with him to Barcelona... oh dear. I did appreciate him attempting English tho. Also I have been super sick this week. (Super is so Spanish, it's super everything...)

Also I titled this one fruit because as you all remember Josh without tennis shoes in Paris just remember all he has to eat today is fruit -- as well one of the sites we visited (Sagrada Familia) had these amazing fruit structures it made me think of Fruit of the Spirit. Gal 5

Miss you all! See you soon!

2 comments:

stephanie said...

Hello, hello and hello! Love reading your blogs. I just want you to know how much I appreciate you taking the time to inform everyone about how you are doing. I guess that you could say that I had a fruity day! Shelbi sent Seth a book for Easter. "Walter The Farting Dog"
This reminds me of the "Musical Fruit".........ha ha!
Which makes me think........without any cheese, the pizza there wouldn't be very musical...would it?
Loves & Hugs Krista!
Stephanie

brad said...

It sound's like your having a wonderful time Krista! I spent Easter w/ Seth @ g-ma's launching rocket's that were a b-day gift. I can't wait to here about your aunt's visit. Isn't fun being a tour guide! I'll be in Amsterdam at the end of April for work.Certainly looking forward to that. Peace Out......Brad