Sunday, April 6, 2008

The U.K


I have learned a lot these past two weeks. There have a lot of ups and downs. I must confess I have made decisions I should not have and I have made decisions that will forever change my life in a positive sense. I guess there are things that are not a big deal until you have a large enough dose and then once damage is done you realize the caliber. Once in Barcelona last week I was standing on the street with my friend Ainhoa's grandma and a ray of sun shine caught my attention. I looked into the sky and saw how BLUE it was. I also noticed all these Spanish style balcony's, all these people's clothes drying just a sense of life from analyzing a different view I rarely take time to see. It was so beautiful to take everything in, the sky, the culture. I realized that I miss so many things because I do not look up enough. As I chewed on that this past week I realize I don't look up enough but with God's grace I want to start looking up more in all areas of my life.

I am closing out my time here in Europe. I say Europe because this week and the next I am in England! The UK baby. When I left Barcelona I was wearing flip flops. When I was in the airport I started chatting with a young man from England and he informed me a buddy let him know that it was snowing. On the airplane I was chatting with two young cyclists and they informed me of all their adventures in Spain and how they could not believe that it would be snowing when they got back home to England. When we to England, it was rather chilly for my flip flops but I thought it may warm up. I woke up today--just out of curiosity I opened the shade and it was snowing!!! And so hard. I decided what a better time then to take a run. So that's what I did, 10 miles this morning in the cold snow, but I found a variety of trails. (And I got to speak to a few people on the way... I LOVE the accent!!) I also got to go to church this morning and help with a bake sale raising funds for missions in Venezuela. Made me think how little I have been doing lately, gotta get on the ball!

I am starting to enjoy Europe so much. I really am thinking of coming back. I could see myself here at least one more year.

This week I am scheduled to go run an 18 mile trail yeah, go to London Tuesday and Saturday, visit Stonehenge and go to Jane Austin's house. (I'm such a romantic) When I return from London I will have two more weeks in Spain. I will soak up what I can and then be off! When I get home everything is up in the air. Have no clue for a job, a car. I am truly stressed but trying to trust everything will work out! It always does, just have to remember which direction I am looking in-- UP.

Heart-- Kristada

1 comment:

stephanie said...

I wasn't going to say anything about "friut". lol
You look so happy and beautiful in your pics! Looking up is what I need to do more of also! Thanks for the reminder. I have faith that God will take care of you and all your needs when you get back! Just as I believe that this is the week that Shelbi will get a call for a job. God answers all of our prayers!
I love you Krista, and thanks for all your inspiration! You are a breath of fresh air........and I need that since I have been breathing in Wichita sewer air tonight.......literally!
Love Steph