Sunday, February 17, 2008



This week has been a crazy week. School school and more school. My teachers that my Spanish is improving so much but I feel as though I have sooo much work to do. I have a lot of hw to get to right now just wanted to drop a quick note on my blog... I guess the highlight of the week would be when my class changed buildings this week... During a five minute break I rushed to the bathroom which were on opposite sides of the normal building. After I finished I opened the bathroom door to see my professor using the restroom I quickly made my exit... how embarrassing!!! To make it even worse we were discussing issues that women face in the world. When we came back to class he looked and he and smirked "Maybe we should be discussing men's habits this week." I think I could have died.

There are two really neat girls in the intermediate class who I am getting to know as well. One is from London and the other from Holland. Although all the students are learning Castellano, everyone speaks English whether from Sweden, or Japan so in the courtyard on our lunch break, everyone chats in English and I have found this two girls to be rather interesting. The girl from London, Charlotte chats with me everyday after class. So far I have learned she is from France, now lives in London, and yet spent 15 years growing up in Asia because her mom is an antique dealer.

In the picture I posted the first girl is Tora, she is from Sweden. She loves our 5 minute breaks so she can get a quick smoke and she is very reserved. There's me, then Zoe. Zoe is joining our class for two weeks, and is American which is really neat because in class we are able to talk about what America is like. (more to say on that later but I really, really have gained an appreciation for US being here!!) Next to her is our professor. She is almost finished with her doctorate, she is one of the most patient teachers I have ever had and she is not yet married. Next to her is Catarina, by far the best speaker in class who is from Germany. Her boyfriend is Spanish so we always joke maybe that would help the rest of us learn the language better. (We're just joking!) Not pictured is Ines. She is from China. I feel most close to her. She is very sweet and wants me to teach her to read better in English. I'm very excited for the opportunity.

I have so much to do, please stay in touch. Also for those of you who ran Holiday Lake, please e-mail me the results! I am dying~ since they are not posted yet!

Miss you all!

2 comments:

stephanie said...

hey krista!
so glad to hear how you are doing by the week! friends from all over the world! how exciting! when you come down to kansas, i want to hear all about the pros of the good ole US...........
seth is very sick with the flu today...and strep throat.....do they have that in spain? lol

jillkt said...

Hi Krista!

Your Kansas family loves and misses you! Have fun and enjoy the experience.