Sunday, April 13, 2008

England


This week has been a breath of fresh air. I have had a lot to think about in coming back to the US and this week has been a blessing! I have already had the opportunity to see the first Capital of England, (Winchester), seen London (been on the London eye), seen Buckingham Palace (Queen was there!), and been to an island here in England. Tomorrow I am headed to a 17/18 mile trail which I will run in the am. Super excited! Also this week I know that God has provided for me a place to live and a job. So many things are working out. (Rom 8:28)

Being in England is a new site everyday. My cousins prefer the dungeon as my aunt and I call it, but it is really just Wii 24-7. My aunt and I have had a lot of quality time together and twice this week we have gone to Jane Austen's house. Her life is so much like her books. Her house is so quaint as well as the town she lived in. Upon going there twice, Renee and I rented Pride and Prejudice and it just made me want to fall in love. We are going to watch another one tonight! (Becoming Jane)

The end of this weekend, my family and I are headed to Barcelona. It should be a lot of fun. We are staying near the airport and my cousins are excited because it has a pool. Hope to take them to Sagrada Familia, (Gaudi), and to eat the best dish in Catalonia, Paella! I will be home in 22 days...wow See you all then much care, love Krista

2 comments:

Betty said...

Miss you Kris! Can't wait until you come home! We can giggle for hours over coffee :)
xoxoxo

stephanie said...

No way Krista, If Shelbi has coffee, she will be talking non-stop.......Don't let her have StarBucks........it affects her the worst........
I read an email earlier that said gas was over $6 a gallon in London. Is that true?
Ok....here is a funny for you....
Seth was building with his Kids K'nex set and he asked me, "What kind of a person has a mind to invent this stuff." I told him an engineer has that kind of a mind and that he could be one when he grows up. I then told him, "You can do anything you want"!
He answered, "If that's true grandma, then that means that I can break all your rules"!